Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jonan Update - 1.24.11

Jeff and I wanted to let you all know that Jonan Eilam Pelletier passed into eternity sometime Monday (1.24.11) through another routine visit to check up on me, consult with our ongoing care doctor, and hear Jonan's heartbeat we found that he had passed. After many tries at hearing his heart and an ultrasound, two doctors confirmed Jonan's death. 

I felt Jonan moving late in the day on Sunday (and for many days before this), so we are fairly certain it was sometime on Monday. One of my prayers was to be able to know the day he passed, I am thankful to know this. We loved him every minute until that time. We trust the Lord's timing in this.

We truly did not expect this to come so quickly, and the shock has been painful.  Thankfully, however, we were given these precious 12 days since we found out of Jonan's condition to celebrate him and prepare him for eternity. How amazing. Monday morning I woke up and had my routine with Jonan which had began a week a half ago since we found out. I wake up, sometimes Jeff and I would have time to pray. After that I would read aloud a Psalm from the Bible to Jonan. That day I felt very strongly that I should read to to him Psalm 27 for some reason. It begins like this: 

 "The LORD is my light and my salvation;
   whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life;
   of whom shall I be afraid?"

We will never know the actual moment he passed, but there is peace in my heart knowing he potentially heard the words of Scripture being read over him in his last hour. 

Jonan and I ended our time that morning with the same two song I would sing to every morning with him since we found out. We would first listen to Beautiful Things which I wrote about extensively on my blog: jonaneilam.blogspot.com, there is a post by the same title. And then we finish our time with the song The Earth Is Yours. Though I will never know for certain, I like to think Jonan entered heaven while hearing this last song. And let me say for some reason Monday morning I actually shut the blinds while listening to this song because of the joy I had singing this with Jonan...I thought someone may think I was a little crazy.  I guess sometimes worshiping God from the depths of ourselves can appear that way.

Thank you for your prayers at this tender time. We are filled with both sorrow and joy. And in awe of God's faithfulness to us continually.

We will have a service before Jonan Eilam's burial at our church, likely sometime this weekend. We desire to open this up beyond our family to our friends who wish to grieve and to celebrate life with us.  If you desire to be there, you are welcomed. There will be more information on this to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment